Program Coordinator: Natalie Johnson, MS, NPI-CPS
The Online Professional Certificate in Personal Training and Group Exercise Training for Older Adults was designed to establish a national
standard to ensure the development of safe and effective exercise
programs for older adults by personal trainers and allied
health/medical and fitness professionals.
The program is designed to prepare graduating
students for a career working with older adults at senior centers,
medically-based fitness facilities, retirement communities, YMCA/JCC’s,
hospitals, community wellness programs, personal training studios,
physical therapy clinics, long-term care facilities, corporate fitness
centers, collegiate settings, and private and commercial health clubs. Included with the certificate program registration, you will receive complimentary access to receive the National Posture Institute’s Certified Resistance Training Professional™ (RTP™) designation.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW!
The certificate program's required four core
courses, including the optional field internship elective have been
designed to be completed in as little as three months or students have
up to one year if necessary.
- The On-line Certificate program format has been designed to be taken in two consecutive modules.
- Students may elect to enroll in courses one at a time, as they are offered.
- Students are provided with 8 weeks of access per course.
- Courses are offered in an OPEN ENROLLMENT format, meaning students can register and begin courses at any time.
- CLICK HERE for a detailed certificate program fact sheet.
- CLICK HERE for a list of required materials (estimate cost: $120)
The following National Organizations/Associations have approved each Personal Training and Group Exercise Training for Older Adults required course for CEC/CEU’s:
- National Posture Institute (NPI) / 5 CECs
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) / 20 CECs
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) / 2 CECs
CSCS, NSCA-CPT (excludes the Business Management course)
- International Sports Science Association (ISSA) / 10 CECs
- American Senior Fitness Association (SFA) / 2.0 CEUs
- Health and Fitness Professionals Association (HFPA) / 30 CECs
- The National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF) / 10 CEUs
- The National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT) / 1 CEC, equivalent
to an entire 6 month CEC requirement.
- The National Strength Professional Association (NSPA) / 2 CEUs