Program Coordinator: Ken Baldwin, M.ED, ACSM-H/FI, NPI-CPS
The Online Professional Certificate in Personal Fitness Training is a web-based, interactive educational experience that includes input and guidance from outstanding faculty/instructors drawn from colleges/universities, the allied health/medical field, and the personal fitness training profession. Students can elect to take the Advanced Professional Certificate in Personal Fitness Training, which requires an additional 3 courses (see below).
The certificate program is designed to supply essential education integrating exercise science curriculum and practical training techniques into a systematic model that teaches students to progress their clients through different training levels and phases. Students will be prepared for careers working at medically-based fitness facilities, community wellness programs, personal training studios, physical therapy clinics, corporate fitness centers, YMCA’s/JCC’s, and private and commercial health clubs. Included with the either certificate program registration, you will receive complimentary access to receive the National Posture Institute’s Certified Resistance Training Professional™ (RTP™) designation. In addition, the program prepares students for the American Council on Exercise (ACE) Certified Personal Trainer Certification. ACE provides graduating certificate students a Preferred Discount on the ACE Personal Training Certification Exam and study materials.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW!
Certificate Program in
Personal Fitness Training
(Click on course title for description)
Advanced Certificate Program in
Personal Fitness Training
PREREQUISITE: Personal Fitness Training Certificate
The certificate program's required five core courses, including the optional field internship elective have been designed to be completed in as little as five months or students have up to one year if necessary. Students may register for the Advanced Certificate in Personal Fitness Training Program, which consists of students completing three additional courses.
- The On-line Certificate program format has been designed to be taken in three consecutive modules. Each course focuses on an industry-specific, professional topic, or science-based core body of knowledge.
- Students may elect to enroll in courses one at a time, as they are offered.
- Students are provided with 8 weeks of access per course.
- Courses are offered in an OPEN ENROLLMENT format, meaning students can register and begin courses at any time.
- Students are provided with details to prepare for the ACE Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) Examination
- CLICK HERE for a detailed certificate program fact sheet.
- CLICK HERE for a list of required materials (estimate cost: $270-Personal Fitness Training / $450 - Advanced Personal Fitness Training)
Continuing Education (CECs/CEUs)
The CECs/CEUs below are approved for each required course in Personal Fitness Training and Advanced Personal Fitness Training Programs by the following National Organizations/Associations:
- National Posture Institute (NPI) / 5 CECs
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) / 20 CECs
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) / 2 CECs
CSCS, NSCA-CPT (excludes the Business Administration course)
- International Sports Science Association (ISSA) / 10 CECs
- American Senior Fitness Association (SFA) / 2.0 CEUs
- National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF) / 10 CEUs
- National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT) / 1 CEC, equivalent to an entire 6 month CEC requirement.
- The Commission on Dietetic Registration
(CDR), the credentialing agency for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND, formally
ADA) has approved the Certificate in Personal Training program
for 50 Continuing Professional Education Units (CPEUs), the Advanced Certificate
program for 30 CPEUs, and the Optional Field Internship Course for 10 CPEUs for
both Registered Dietitian (RDs) and Dietetic Technician-Registered (DTRs). Each
course is 10 CPEUs