Program Coordinator: David Flench, MBA, ACSM/HFS
The Online Professional Certificate in Fitness
Management was developed to establish an industry standard in fitness
management education for allied health and fitness professionals,
personal trainers, fitness managers, and entrepreneurs that wish to
establish a successful business model and fitness operation.
The certificate prepares students to implement
successful business systems in the following settings: private and
commercial health clubs, medically-based fitness facilities, community
wellness centers, personal training studios, physical therapy clinics,
YMCA’s, JCC’s, college/university centers, recreational settings, and
corporate fitness centers. A unique aspect of the program is the
optional field internship experience which enables students to practice
fitness management concepts in a real life health and fitness
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW!
The certificate program's required four core
courses, including the optional field internship elective have been
designed to be completed in as little as three months or students have
up to one year if necessary.
- The On-line Certificate program format has been designed to be taken in two consecutive modules.
- Students may elect to enroll in courses one at a time, as they are offered.
- Students are provided with 8 weeks of access per course.
- Courses are offered in an OPEN ENROLLMENT format, meaning students can register and begin courses at any time.
- CLICK HERE for a detailed certificate program fact sheet.
- CLICK HERE for a list of required materials (estimate cost: $80)
The CECs/CEUs below are approved for each required course in the Fitness Business Management program by the following National Organizations/Associations:
- National Posture Institute (NPI) / 5 CECs
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) / 20 CECs
- American Senior Fitness Association (SFA) / 2.0 CEUs
- Health and Fitness Professionals Association (HFPA) / 30 CECs
- National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF) / 10 CEUs
- National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT) / 1 CEC, equivalent to an entire 6 month CEC requirement.
- National Strength Professional Association (NSPA) / 2 CEUs